Online Master's in STEM Education Degree Program
The online Master of Arts in STEM Education with a concentration in mathematics education at CU Denver is designed for practicing teachers who want to advance their knowledge and become teacher leaders or curriculum experts in their districts. This degree incorporates relevant coursework, insightful research, and engaging pedagogy with a global perspective needed to work with diverse populations.
Students in the program will benefit from working with faculty who have classroom experience in a range of school settings and who have implemented innovative solutions both nationally and internationally.
Program at a Glance
Master of Arts in STEM Education
Cost Per Credit:
Cost Per Credit:
The need for effective, knowledgeable and technology-savvy mathematics teachers has never been greater. Join an online degree program that positions you to work successfully in leadership roles in urban and diverse schools and to understand the significant role mathematics plays in your students' lives. Students can tailor their degree. Contact an Enrollment Navigator to learn more.
This flexible program is designed for licensed teachers who want to be actively engaged in the exciting endeavors of understanding and improving the teaching and learning of mathematics. Our program's outstanding reputation draws students with strong academic capabilities and broad professional experiences from around the globe. Everything you learn during your program will be enhanced with a focus on equity and social justice, ensuring that all students have equal opportunities for an excellent education. Your core coursework will include Mathematical Content Knowledge for Teaching, Assessment and Equity in Mathematics Education, and Research in Schools. Elective courses can encompass additional Mathematics Education courses, and/or other relevant courses related to STEM teaching and learning, such as science or instructional technology.
We practice "rolling admission" and after your application is complete, we strive to notify you of your admission status in no more than two to three weeks.
The following deadlines are firm, early submissions are encouraged.
- Fall Semester: June 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: April 1
- 2 recommendation letters
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- If applying for an endorsement, proof of teaching license or special services license is required
- Written Statement: Describe your interest in the program, your special strengths, and the goals you hope to achieve through your work in the program
- $50.00 application fee
- International Applicants only: Proof of English Language Proficiency (International applicants should review the following information regarding English language proficiency)
- Admissions Interview: An interview may be required as part of the admissions process. If so, applicants will be contacted with more details.
- For more information, email email@example.com or call 303-315-6300.
Learn more about the admissions process by filling out the form above or contacting our Enrollment Team today.
Graduates with this MA have a variety of career options, including:
- Classroom teacher with enhanced credentials and skills
- Reading or math specialist
- Instructional coach
- Curriculum developers
- School administrators
Courses at CU Denver are offered three times a year — fall, spring, and summer. Not all courses are available every semester. In fall and spring, courses last 15 weeks, plus one week for finals. In summer, there are opportunities for shorter, more intensive courses. This is a big commitment, but we believe the extra time you spend dedicated to your studies pays off.