Online EdD Doctorate in Education Degree Program
The online Doctor of Education (EdD) degree program with a concentration in higher education enables and supports current leaders in higher education to continue their work while completing their doctoral degree. Graduates of this program will be effective leaders in higher education who are passionate about educational access, equity and social justice in colleges and universities.
Program at a Glance
Doctor of Education
Cost Per Credit:
Cost Per Credit:
What You'll Learn
You have a passion for educational access, equity, and social justice in higher education, and you want to be empowered with tools for positive change to impact student success. You're ready to pursue your doctorate in order to take action at the highest level in colleges and universities and join leadership discussions about what educational equity really means in higher education. CU Denver's Doctor of Education in Leadership for Educational Equity with a concentration in higher education (HED) is designed to empower leaders in higher education in urban and rural communities.
The three-year, cohort-based program is delivered through an accessible online format designed for working professionals. Students engage through collaborative online courses and required on-campus visits throughout the program. This structure accommodates people's working lives and allows students to immediately apply the concepts they are learning.
Our 54-credit program offers online courses in an eight-week format every fall and spring semester. Each summer and winter, students engage in online work coupled with a one-week, on-campus intensive session.
Topics of study include:
- Policy and governance
- Finance and resource allocation
- Power and Privilege
- Organizational culture
- Strategic enrollment management
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Predictive analytics
Upon program completion, students receive a unique support service that includes executive coaching for up to a year after graduation.
Tuition and Fees
Investing in your future is a big decision. However, becoming a fully online student at CU Denver is a high-quality and affordable option for learners of all types. Tuition and fees are based largely on the degree program you enroll in.
Tuition is determined based on which CU Denver program is chosen, undergraduate or graduate level, and finally your resident status. Visit our tuition and financial aid page for more information.
Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify.
This program has the following application requirements:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Written Statement of Purpose
- The Statement of Purpose is five to seven pages in length, detailing your professional background, relevant personal interests, commitment to access and educational equity, and short- and long-term professional goals. Discuss your assessment of the three most critical issues for higher education leaders and how you wish to contribute to meeting these challenges. Illustrate how your commitment is demonstrated in your past experiences and how this educational journey, shared with doctoral student colleagues, will enhance your ability to contribute in the future. Further, demonstrate in your Statement of Purpose that you have the written communication skills to successfully obtain the degree of Doctor of Education.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
Learn more about the admissions process by filling out the form above or contacting the CU Denver Enrollment Team today.